Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Punishment is not discipline, say local authorities

If you ever find yourself wanting to "get even with" or "punish" your animal for something they did wrong, take care it's not something you actually did wrong. You discipline animals, like you discipline children. Punishment is a form of vengeance, and I would hope none of you feel the need to "get even" with your kids or pets.
On the other hand, if you like abusing animals, seeing them get hurt, running them over with your vehicle, or snatching them off the streets, riding around with them in your car while you beat them with your fists, then throwing them out of the window at 35 mph (I know people who have actually done this, saw it with my own eyes), you are particularly cruel individuals, unworthy of pet ownership, unworthy of the finer things in life, and unworthy of the pulpit, surely (you know whoyou are).
And I would strongly advise that you stay away from any animals, and perhaps children as well......and never let me find out about it. I am not as tolerant as I used to be, nor do I care one whit about seeking the approval of my peers (I use the word, "peer," very loosely), and far less fearful about confrontation than I once was.
Also, if that's your thing, seek therapy. You terribly need it. That's some serial killer shit right there. Also, you deserve to be in jail. Again, you know who you are, assholes.






I apologize for the tangent; animal abuse is one of my hot-button issues. But on to my original point, which is this:
While you shouldn't let your pets control your life, as I've known others to do, neither should you get one if you aren't committed to ensuring that pet gets the best possible care you can give it. If you can no longer afford to care for it, or where you're moving doesn't allow pets (although personally, I simply would never choose to move somewhere my dogs weren't allowed), it is your responsibility to find it a good home. It is also your responsibility, as a decent human being, to report any suspected animal abuse. If you do not, then you're not a very decent human being, now are you?
Much like my mother used to say, "If you can't afford to tip, then you can't afford to go out to eat and you can't afford delivery." The same is true for pets. If you cannot afford to immunize them, spend time with them, provide for those that depend on you, then you should never - ever - attempt to take on that responsibility. You're simply not suited to pet ownership. And to me, it's worse for the animal if they have known comfort then are deprived of it suddenly.
And again, if you're an abuser of animals, don't let me find out about it. If I am able even remotely able, I will ensure there are consequences.
Boo!
The Unbreakable Barabas - watch his story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSH4C8byXPw


No comments:

Post a Comment