Friday, September 16, 2016

Back to my one-man war against rap...

"My," "yo," "you," "I," "shit," "get," "they," "pay," "money," (stop me if I start using words that you haven't heard in literally EVERY rap ever made...) and my favorite, "UHHHHH!!!" Because a pop song ain't a pop song without the obligatory, "UHHHHH!!!" some talentless rapper gets paid to add to it.

"UHHHHH!!! See? You can't do dat shit!"

Seriously. They PAY talentless people (lots of money!) to yell, "UHHHHH!!!" into a microphone right in the middle of some pop songstress's latest love song. Perhaps even worse is the fact that having some rapper's guttural voice inlaid into the song is so out of place, so alien to the nature of the song that it takes you out of the song utterly. But it seems no pop song today is complete without the obligatory rap verse or two. Yes, I said, "obligatory," twice. Ya know why? Because, it bears repeating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment